Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Baptized into Motherhood

I'm sure every mother has their vomit story. I had been so lucky in that Rylan had never really thrown up. Noticed I said had...yesterday I got the call saying Rylan had thrown up at MDO. So I leave work, stop on the way and get some pedialyte and sprite, and go get my sick baby. He looked so sad and just wanted his Momma (I hate that he was sick but LOVE that he wanted just me...hey call me selfish I can't help it). On the way home Rylan threw up all over the back seat...not pleasant, I'm not sure my car will ever be the same. When we get home I have to maneuver a sick and stinky child out of the car while trying not to get covered in vomit myself. Little did I know that would be irrelevant in about a hour. I change him (2nd set of clothes) and I change out of my work clothes. We get all comfy in the recliner and are snuggling when it happens again and this time its all over me and him...ugh! We both change clothes (3rd set) and I figured out that a bowl sitting beside us is a good thing to have. Rylan felt crummy most of the day but by the evening he was feeling tons better.

No comments:

Post a Comment